12.31.2012

Octobcer 18th, 2012


October 18, 2012 was a great day. 

I got engaged to my best friend.



I've known that I love Devin for quite sometime now. I can even say that I've known that we would get married one day for quite awhile too.(No one would say that this engagement was a surprise.) But I can't say that I can pinpoint the exact moment that I knew he was the one I was ready to spend the rest of my life with...  

It might have been when he first kissed me on the forehead during the bus ride back from senior sluff.

Or when I cried the whole drive home after dropping him off at the airport when he moved to Florida.

Or when we fled to the Cape squished in the back of Lindsay's little blue Honda Accord and he protected my head from falling pancake boxes.

Or when he visited me in the ICU; and held me until I finally could fall asleep.

Or when he thought I was at work but I was actually hidden in the back of his dad's truck nervously waiting for his flight to land.


We've had several years of dating to get to know each other. We've had our disagreements and fights, but we've always worked things out. I constantly find myself falling even more in love with Devin. 
I couldn't be more excited to finally marry this man and to be able to continue our adventures together!

1 comment:

Lindsay Rose said...

this makes me so happy! I love you two so much!!!