11.24.2011

A Happy 21st Surprise!

I was SO super excited for Devin to come to Florida!
I was able to clear my schedule Sunday - Wednesday, and I couldn't even wait to spend time with my best friend!

As an added bonus I was able to get Saturday night off to go to pick Devin up at the airport.
However... Devin was lead to believe that I was working late Saturday night.

Devin's parents (Matt & Sandi) picked me up Saturday afternoon and took me back to their hometown holiday event "Light Up Ocala" with them. Where I got to see Mckenna dance and even got to participate in a flash mob.

After "Light Up Ocala" we headed to the Tampa airport to pick up Devin. I was all sorts of excited and nervous as we waited for his plane to arrive. 

I ducked down and hid in the back seat of the truck as we pulled up and he loaded his suitcase in the back. Then when he opened the door to climb in I sat up and said hello.

I will never forget the look on his face!
His jaw dropped and I'm pretty sure he was speechless for a few minutes. He just grabbed me and hugged me.
He was completely surprised! 
I'm so sad we didn't even think to take pictures!
Now he could stop worrying about what time they were going to pick me up on Sunday!

I was able to go back to Ocala and spend Sunday and Monday with the Brower family. Having such a wonderful time eating delicious New York style pizza and watching a double feature at the drive in movies with them.

----------------------------------------------------

Then on Tuesday night my birthday present to Devin was dinner and tickets to The Blue Man Group.
I thought the show was very funny and entertaining.
I hope Devin enjoyed it too!

Devin thinks he is a Blue Man.
In the poncho section.
Waiting for the show to begin.

Happy Birthday Devin Jay Brower!
I hope to celebrate many more birthdays with you!

1 comment:

Lindsay Rose said...

how could he not have a totally super birthday with you!!! So cute and fun!