6.19.2010

Black & White

Opposition......
What can I say about it?
It's good?
It's bad?
Technically it's both! We could not feel one without knowing the other. But sometimes it's hard to accept the hardships of opposition.

For me it is most awfully painful to watch someone you love having a bad day. That's when I hate opposition the most!! I hate diabetes, I hate mean spirited people, I hate being sick or hurt, I hate messing up or making a fool of myself, but I would take all these things a million times over if it meant that the people I love and hold dear would not have to!

For those times when life gives me lemons, I find this quote comforting -
"Mortal life is not the entire existence of humankind, but rather an essential learning and proving experience. Our Father in Heaven is not a capricious God, inflicting pain and misery on the human race. He is a loving Heavenly Father who has the eternal perspective of what his children can become, and who loves us enough to allow us to endure opposition for a season."

May we all be able to endure our allotted opposition for a season! Because I know that some opposition can just be so very hard to endure, or see others endure!

No comments: