6.03.2010

Boston and the Betes

So I just returned from a trip to my favorite city....Boston! It was just me and my diabestie Angela! We had a blast!! (well I guess I can't speak for her... but I know I had a blast!)
We were able to do so many fun things that it felt like we were there for a month! Freedom trail, Boston Commons, Little Italy, Mike's Pastry Shop, Harvard, Red Sox game, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, Watching the street performers ("Do it black guys"), Riding the T, Harbor cruise, and just enjoying every moment! We had a great hotel in a perfect location!
**I'd like to give a shout-out to Hotwire for finding us such a fabulous location! I couldn't have picked a better place!**


Well the reason me and Ang took this little excursion to the east coast was actually for Dtreat: The retreat for young adults with diabetes. My dear mother found info about this who knows where on the internet early one morning and was super excited to share this with me cause it was being held in Boston...only the best city ever!! Dtreat was Friday through Sunday and held at Northeastern University. We got to meet many other young adults with Type 1 diabetes and enjoy fun activities and classes. I think the best thing about this experience for me was just the feeling of belonging it provided me. It's not normal for me to hear beeps of insulin pumps and blood glucose monitors that aren't my own. All these people understand what I am going through! They know and share my same frustrations and discouragements, but we also share the same sense of joy and pride when we are having a good "diabetic day". It is always great to have new diabuddies!!

No comments: