2.06.2011

Superbowl XLV

{Front door welcome sign. Made by Devin}

We were excited for the Superbowl! 
Devin was excited to watch the Steelers play for the championship and I was excited for the party we were going to have.

Bill, Jan, Devin, The Ekkers, Uncle Marc, Aunt Suzanne, and myself gathered together for a fun little Superbowl sunday.


Devin made sure to prepare the house for the festivities by drawing the teams' logos on our back doors with window paint. {He was a good sport and drew the Packer's logo too.} He also wrote down all of our guesses for the final score.

{Uncle Marc had the closest guess on the final score (27-30 Packers)}

We also had quite a feast of snacks!! Ribs, pigs-in-a-blanket, fruit tray, veggie tray, breadsticks with alfredo and marinara sauce, cereal treat, and I had fun experimenting with making us some chocolate football cakepops.


It was actually quite a good game to watch! I also had fun watching Devin, Derek, and Dylan turned some yellow rags into their own set of terrible towels to cheer on the Steelers with.

Unfortunately, the Steelers lost to the Packers 25-31. I felt bad because Devin was quite sad to see his team loose. But overall we both had a great night!!


PS -
I'd have to say that this was my favorite commercial: 


No comments: